Wednesday, December 25, 2013

The Hardwood Steps Are Finished

 
My Christmas present is finished and I could not be any happier!
I love the hard wood steps and iron rails!

 
Chad did such an amazing job finishing the stairs. He's fantastic at detail work!
This has made the house feel so much cleaner, modern.
 
 
The house immediately felt cleaner after all the carpet was gone.
 
 
I don't seem to have a good before picture of the stairs. This does show the carpet we removed, and gives a glimpse of the white balusters. Definitely a shock seeing just how dirty the carpet really was. We could have shampooed the carpet another 100 times and it still would have been filthy. 


It's hard to believe that the stairs looked like this when we first bought the house. All chewed, covered in dog urine and hair.
 
 
And I'm not kidding about dog urine and hair.
Can you imagine living like that???
Yucky! Look at the baluster.

No comments:

Post a Comment